Tools used for this website
- This website is built with Org Mode with some code written in Emacs Lisp and Ruby to generate list of posts and other “dynamic” content, see the next section for details.
- All text editing happens in Emacs, while Gimp and Darktable are used for editing pictures.
- Technologies listed also in: humans.txt 1
I use literate programming extensively for:
- Controlling the publishing process. I use Emacs Lisp to trigger publication and deployment. The code is embedded in some of the pages of this website. If you are interested in these functions, you want to look at project-specification.org
- Generating “dynamic” content. Similar to Jekyll, I use code written in Emacs Lisp (and Ruby) to read metadata from each page and generate “dynamic” content, such as the list of notes. If you are interested, you want to look at:
- Generating content. Various pages use literate programming to generate content available, such as the list of books I read, data about COVID-19 in Italy. The page literate-programming references.org lists all the pages using literate programming on this website.