Resources on Food and Food Waste
Video Materials and Slides
Random Bits of Useful Information
- The Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office (FSVO) keeps
The Swiss Food Composition Database, which contains
information about the composition of food available in Switzerland.
Available for free in four languages; can be downloaded.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture keeps FoodData Central a detailed
database of food composition, with nutrients and other components
found in a wide variety of foods and food products. Can be
- The NHS has a Calorie checker, which allows to check the caloric
content of about 150.000 different products. It is part of the Live
- INRAN keeps BDA. The data, however, requires an explicit consent to
- FAO lists various food composition databases on the
food composition table/database directory.
- EAT Circular is a project sponsored by EIT Climate KIC and related
to training resources on techniques to reduce food waste in
canteens. The pilot training sessions run in four countries, Spain,
Portugal, Italy, and Slovenia.
- BringTheFood is the tool we developed to help recover surplus food.