Quick Rising Bread
salt: 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
water: 370 ml
yeast: 1/2 a block (cube?) of fresh yeast
honey: 1 teaspoon
- Put flour and salt in a bowl
- Dissolve the yeast and the honey in the water
- Add the liquid to the flour … no need to work the mix up: just make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover with a bit of flour
- Cover and wait for 1.5 hours
- Preheat the oven at 220-240 Celsius degrees
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and put the dough on
the tray. Make the dough into two/three separate pieces, making
sure you preserve which side is up (don’t forget the upper layers
has some flour on top! and without working it too much.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes or till brown
- Voila, your bread is ready)
Remark. You might also want to have a look at the No-Knead Breadl recipe, if you have more time or want to give more time for the yeast to make its effect.