flour: 1 cup (120 g)
sugar: 1/4 cup (30 g)
salt: 1 teaspoon
milk: 1 cup (125 g)
oil: a bit of oil
yeast: 2 teaspoons of dry yeast (or baking soda)
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk (or add the baking soda to the dry ingredients)
- Add the milk, oil, and the egg to the dry ingredients
- Mix till you get a smooth and relatively liquid preparation
- Heat a slightly oiled frying pan (I use a nonstick pan). Be careful with the oil; too much will ruin your preparation. I do not use any with a non-sticky pan.
- When the pan is hot, pour a bit of the preparation … it will start forming bubbles and growing
- When the base is cooked (slightly brown; about 1 minute), turn it and cook for another minute or till cooked
Serve the pancakes with maple syrup; add fruit or whipped cream if you want.